|REV offers very powerful customization tools. As you get increasingly familiar with REV, some of its more elaborate features will surely become handy. Here is how to get the most out of REV:|
|The first time you log into REV and create a new account a welcome window will give you an option to select some of the most popular repositories.|
|To customize these repositories more extensively, you can access the repository editing menu under your personal settings (the drop-down menu on the top right corner).Under personal settings, select “manage workspace” and then, either press the “edit” button under a repository of your choice or go all the way down to select “create another repository”.
If you wish to keep your existing repositories untouched and choose to create a new one, you will be prompted to select one of the basic templates to start from:
Once you’ve selected a template or an existing repository, you can customize every single field, including the name of the repository itself.
|Each indexing field can also be customized by changing its name and defining the type of value that can be input into it. There are 5 types of values:
*Currency, number or date allow you to do searches by range (all documents created, indexed or valued between x and y)
** Custom Value creates a drop-down menu with fixed values to pick from when a document is indexed
|By using the blue button with a settings icon on the top right corner of each field, you can set that field to receive values that are either:|
</td style=”padding: 15px; font-size: 17px; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-weight: 500;”>
Once you are done customizing the fields, simply hit “save repository” and you will be prompted with a security message to validate the changes you just made.
This step is managed at the repository level.
To do so, you will go through these 20 steps:
1. Select “Manage workspace” in the
settings menu in the top right corner
2. Choose the “Configurations” tab
3. Choose a name for your workspace and
type it in the field next to “https://”
4. Set the length of the inactivity timeout
5. Press “Save and continue to my workspace”
6. Go to the “image repository” tab.
7. Pick the repository you wish to edit.
8. Press the blue “edit” button at the bottom right.
9. Select the “Permission” tab on the right
underneath the repository name*
10. Press the “add role” button.
11. Write the type of role in the “role” field
12. Press the confirmation tab underneath it.
13. Press the “add role” button again to create more fields.
14. Select the appropriate check boxes to attribute the relevant permission level to each role.**
15. Press the blue “save repository” button at the bottom right corner when you are done.
16. Return to the permission menu to create users by pressing the “Update user roles” button.
17. In the field, type in the name of the user and press the confirmation tab underneath it.
18. When they appear, select the appropriate check boxes to attribute roles to that user.***
19. Press save and copy the link that will appear on your screen to invite the new user to REV.
20. Send the link via email or any other messaging system to on-board the new user into REV.
* You can also access this menu by pressing the “update workspace users” button in the “Configurations” tab
** There are three permission levels that you can attribute to each role: view, edit and delete
*** To remove a user from a specific role, go to the role tabs in the “user roles” window, select the role and press the “x” next to the user.
When your free trial period comes to an end, you can upgrade your account by adding your payment information by going through the following steps:
At the bottom of the screen, you will find a space to select dates and monitor your invoices over time.
Scanning images and directly uploading them into the cloud is REVs patent pending technological achievement. Users can directly scan and upload their files to accelerate the capture/import process.
This can be done by pressing the “Scan images” button (second from the left in the Index Screen navigation bar).
|A message prompting you to download the native app will appear. Press the link in that message to initiate the download.|
Once the download is complete, open the native app installer file and go through the installation process. This will detect your existing scanner(s) and build a bridge between them and the REV browser-based app.
Once this process is complete, a window will open to choose the scanner you wish to use. Once you’ve chosen it, you will be prompted to select the file format in which you wish to scan. REV will save these settings for you. In case you have multiple scanners and would like to choose between them, you can do so by turning on the ‘select-scanner’ option from the settings menu. You can now capture images directly from your scanner to index them into REV.